The Supervisor is the Chief Elected Official in a Township form of government. The Supervisor is responsible for the daily operation of all departments within the Township and presides as Chair of the meetings of the Board of Trustees. Additional duties of the Supervisor include, but are not limited to:
- Appointments: Recommends candidates to the Board of Trustees for appointment to various boards and commissions including: Planning Commission, Zoning Board of Appeals, Board of Review and Downtown Development Authority.
- Budget: Works with financial team to prepare annual budget for approval by Board of Trustees; Supervisor and staff provide monthly financial updates to Board and recommend periodic budget adjustments.
- Dealing with public concerns, citizen calls, developers, businesses, and staff business.
- Legal Agent: Acts as the Township’s agent for any legal action and lead Township representative.
- Representative of the Township at PR events, maintaining the Township’s website, Interacting with state, county, other municipalities, and local agencies.
- Management/Operations: Responsible for the daily operation of all Township departments including Police, Fire, Building, Assessing, Information Services, and Parks.
The Supervisor’s office is open Monday through Friday from 9:00am until 5:00pm. Appointments should be made to meet with the Supervisor. Walk-ins are always welcome, schedule permitting.
Terry M. Spencer