Notice is Hereby Given that the Charter Township of Monitor, Bay County is currently accepting applications from individuals seeking employment for the following part-time position(s):
OPENING FOR: ASSISTANT ASSESSOR
Under the general direction of the Township Supervisor and Assessor, the Assistant Assessor
is responsible for performing various duties related to appraisals and assessments to real property.
An employee in this position may be called upon to do any or all of the following:
NOTE: The following list does not include all tasks employees may be expected or directed to perform.
- Perform residential site field inspections to appraise and assess real property, enter specifications
into Assessing .net, sketch floor plans using Apex, and importing property photos.
- Maintain assessment roll database including Principal Residence Exemptions, Property
Transfer Affidavits, building permits and deeds.
- Assist property owners, appraisers and real estate agents by answering routine inquiries regarding appraisal, assessment and appeal procedures.
- Assist Assessor with Board of Review and Tax Tribunal, as necessary.
- Perform related work as required or assigned by Assessor or Township Supervisor.
- State of Michigan MCAO Certification in Assessment Administration.
- Valid Michigan Drivers License and reliable transportation for committing and field work.
- Experience in measuring and inspecting residential properties.
- Past experience in property appraisal, real estate or related field.
- Working knowledge of BS&A software, APEX sketching program, Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with public officials, and fellow employees
An applicant is required to meet the minimum standards for this position. This is a non-exempt, part-time position ranging from 20 to 28 hours a week. Qualified applicants should submit their cover letter, resume, and three (3) work related references when applying.
An application for employment can be obtained by downloading from our website at www.monitortwp.org. Interested individuals can also apply in person at the Township Offices from 9:00 am – 12:00 pm and 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday with the exception of Federal Holidays. Completed applications may be faxed to (989) 684-9234, or emailed to: email@example.com
The Charter Township of Monitor is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all individuals and current employees. The Charter Township of Monitor will ensure that hiring, promotions, compensation, transfers, training and social or recreational activities, etc., are administered without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, height, weight, handicap, veteran status or any other reason prohibited by law. All employment-related decisions will be based solely on individual qualifications related to the requirements of the job.
Accepting application until September 26, 2022.